[ToC]

 

Bulletin of the United States Geological Survey No. 122: GPO, 1894

TRIANGULATION IN MICHIGAN

Suggested by Laura Spence-Ash

A narrow belt of triangulation was extended westward from Marquette in 1889. It rested upon two stations of the U. S. Lake Survey, Mesnard-Triloba. Angles were measured with a Schilling 6 1/2-inch theodolite by F. J. Knight. Stations were selected on rocky knobs on either side of the railroad.